Thursday, February 9, 2012

Where or what is Xanadu, VA?

I work at a postal facility where we process pieces of mail that for whatever reason cannot be read by the scanning machines.



I occasionally see pieces of mail addressed to "Xanadu, VA" with the mysterious zip code "00325."



I cannot find this city on any map. The zip code also does not make sense: Virginia zip codes are in the 220-- through 245-- range. Nor is it a military zip code (090-- through 098--, and 962-- through 966--). In fact, 003-- falls under "Not used."



Anyone know where or what this place is? My best guess is that it's a default value that some company's database automatically enters if you leave the city/state/zip line blank.Where or what is Xanadu, VA?
From what I could find, there is a place called Xanadu and it appears to be close to Charlottesville. It must be a small community or village type place because it is not on any maps - my thought is community. There are weather reports for this place but no exact location can be found anywhere.



An intensive search for 00325 showed a big zero!



Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment