Thursday, February 9, 2012

CNA COVER LETTER, I NEED COMMENTS, PLEASE?

(This is the 1st time I'm applying for a job, anyway can you please help me correct my cover letter for any spelling errors, and also give me any comment, thanks).





Your Name

Your Address

Your City, State, Zip Code



Date

Employer Name

Company

Address

City, State, Zip



Dear Mr. /Mrs. Last Name,

I鈥檓 very interested to working at your facility as a Nursing Assistant. I'm qualified from training and experience to deliver basic care services such as bathing, grooming and feeding patients, and assisting nurses with medical equipment, as well as checking vital signs. Even though, I don鈥檛 have work experience but I have my clinical experience therefore you can pay me with a minimum wage. I am a very hard working and careful person and love to help people. I鈥檓 available to work from Monday-Sunday, 7AM-4PM. Also I鈥檓 willing to work overtime and on Holidays if needed.



If you're interested in talking over this job with me and letting me know what you expect from the nurse assistants who work for this facility, please call me to set up a time we can get together. I look forward to meeting you and I thank you ahead of time for reading my cover letter and my resume.



Sincerely,





Signature,



Typed name





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The reason I can only work during the day shift is because I have to take the bus to work and home. By the way, I have never go out at night or when it's dark outside therefore I'm scare to take evening or night shift.)CNA COVER LETTER, I NEED COMMENTS, PLEASE?
Wow, ummm...no. You want your cover letter to grab the reader's attention %26amp; flow nicely. Your grammar %26amp; punctuation is all wrong. Sorry, I don't mean to offend, only to help. Taking what you put %26amp; fixing a few things this is what I have (The side notes in parentheses should be taken out %26amp; are only for your benefit to see why things were changed):



To Whom It May Concern: (Most of the time you will not have a formal contact person. This shows professionalism)



This letter is to express my interest in working at your facility as a Certified Nursing Assistant (play up the certified part-it sounds better).



I have had extensive hands-on training (you mention later that you lack experience, don't contradict it here) %26amp; am confident that I can deliver the services you require (basic makes it sound as though anybody could do it whereas when you submit a resume' you're trying to convince them that you can do what others cannot) such as bathing, grooming, feeding patients, checking vital signs and assisting nurses with medical equipment (this part should be changed to meet the requirements listed in the ad).



While at first glance my experience may seem to be limited, I am confident that my skills %26amp; willingness to learn new things would indeed be an excellent match for this position. (Don't sell yourself short, give everything a positive spin).



You will find me to be a very hard working and attentive (careful might make them think you are slow in what you do) person with a patient driven attitude (everybody has that same "I love to help people" line, try to change it up a little).



My current availability is Monday-Sunday, 7:00AM-4:00PM. I鈥檓 also willing to work holidays (shouldn't be capitalized) as needed. (Your hours already suggest that you're willing to work overtime. Don't be redundant).



I have attached my resume for you to look over at your convenience %26amp; can be reached anytime via e-mail or my cell phone, (555) 555-5555. (Just insert your preferred method of contact here)





Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.



--------------------------------------鈥?br>


Hope this helps to point you in the right direction. You can still make some changes but remember to stay positive in everything you say.



Good luck!CNA COVER LETTER, I NEED COMMENTS, PLEASE?
Myself I contend that letters are great, assuming they are written utilizing great syntax and spelling (always use a spall chocker!). You can get some great tips and tricks for writing letters by learning from the website in the box below, it's got lots of extra info about job seeking additionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment