Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do you think this is a scam?

A guy wanted to buy my PSP and sent me these emails.



hello

is your item still for sales kindly mail me back in an urgent to know more about the item

thanks



Thanks for your reply concerning my enquiry.I am satisfied with the condition of the item and willing to offer you an amount of $150 including packing materials without you paying for any shipping charges cos i already have an account with FedEx.

I would be glad to make payment with the following payment option :

By sending you a postal money order through my United State Postal Service(USPS) account.

Kindly get back to me with your full name , street address , City , State , Zip-Code , private email address and likewise your phone # .

I need the above requirements as soon as possible so that i can explain the process on how to receive a postal money order via USPS and as well finalize payment immediately.Looking forward in doing business with you.



I'm not sure, what do you think?Do you think this is a scam?
total scam. i recognize the wording from the person who sent me a fake money order, is almost like there is a brochure on this for how to scam the money. they leave it to you to deposit the money order, usually taking 3-5 days to clear. meanwhile, you send the item and the fedex is under a completely different name in a different country. Total scam, stay away from it. You are responsible for all monies implied in the transaction, that is the Govt's stand point.
Yes siree! Wants too much info and wants to move too fast.Do you think this is a scam?
Hi! This is the leukemia fund. Would you like to donate your kidney?Do you think this is a scam?
kinda, but even if it wasn't no one would agree to that because of all the scams that are out there
definetly! he's asking for every single personal thing for you and $150 for a PSP is totally not enoough money for what it is worth
Sounds wierd. I'd be super cautious. Like I would put it in the mail at all until you had good clean cash in your hands. Cause i know they can send fraudulent money orders and all. Give him your info then when you get the m.o. call the institution its from and ask them if you can check if its a fraud. But be very slow with putting your goods in the mail. Good luck.
Sounds shady, and its not professional at all so dont do it---
it sounds like someone from another country wrote that letter, i would tell him you'll send the psp when his check arrives in the mail, otherwise no deal
I'm not sure, but I am suspicious, and it isn't even my info he is asking for! I think I would give this a pass, or tell him you need another form of payment. I don't believe individuals have accounts with the USPS%26gt;
because you have some doubt i wouldnt do it ...... you cant trust anyone over the computer you should stop all contact with him and he doesnt need all of you info to get the psp if it was for that you could send it to him if he really wanted it so i would suggest you stop all contact with him
you shouldnt give im any information you can be sure if he wants it for that find some other way because how can you be sure he doesnt want to kidnap you or kill you or do "something" to do or break into your house so yeah you cant trust these people and people who do trust them end up regreting it
doesn't sound like a scam but in order for you to get the payment the buyer will eventually need your address. I would get the payment (money order) before shipping the product just to have the money upfront and keep all documents of the conversations.
Of course! Use ebay next time.
I had posted my car on Craig's List, and got about 5 e-mails similar, poor English and some convaluted way of paying. I think you are right to question whether this is real. And I would be steering clear of this supposed "buyer".
USPS does not have account holders.
if it is on ebay then just check his feedback if not just send him an email saying i dont know you and your asking for way to much personal stuff so just say to him that you wouldnt like it and its pretty much 150 brand new with 2 games in the shops so just trust your instinct but if i were you i wouldnt go for it.
100% SCAM
I would be willing to bet the postal money order is counterfit. He will have your PSP before you find out.
The USPS does not set up "Accounts" for money orders. Sounds very fishy. Tell him to send you a check that way if its a fraud he'll be charged for a felony under federal law.

No comments:

Post a Comment