Friday, February 10, 2012

Craigs list question? does this sound real. im not sure!!?

So I posted a listing for a dollhouse I am trying to sell. I got a few respondants



But I am not sure if this one sounds real or not.

please help. i have never listed anything on craigs list before! and i dont want to get taken advantage of.



Here is the email convo that we have had so far:



Good Day,



This is Mr. John Terry. I resided at (#### AVONWOOD CT LUTZ,FL 33559 USA). I will like to make purchase of your item on craigslist website and I will like to know if you still have it available for sale. Also are you the real owner of this item? And kindly confirm to me if the price still remain the same. I will also like you to let me know more about its present condition.



I will also like to keep you Inform that I will be making the shipping arrangement from your place after you receive the payment and the payment will be made to you by check after you reconfirm the final price to me. I will be awaiting to read from you soonest.



Best Regards,

John .-

-

-

-

-

-

-







Hello John,

Yes the item is still available. The price is $80. I hope you are aware that I am in California. If you are still interested in the item I would be more than happy to make arrangments for the sale. Please know I have others who have contacted me about the item also, so I need to know if you are seriously interested ASAP.



To answer your questions

Yes I am the real owner. I purchased the item last December (2007), and she never really used it. As for the condition: It is in great condition. As I mentioned to you before, my daughter hardly used the dollhouse. It comes with origianl accessories. Fully assembled. I will not be able to take the dollhouse apart, so any shipping arrangments you make will have to be for the item as it is which is approx. 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide.



The price is $80.00 and you would have to pay me the estimated shipping cost, so I could ship it to you.



Please let me know if you are still interested : )



Sandra



-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Thank you this sound good to me, The reason for sending you this email is to make final reconfirmation. Regarding the shipping, I have a Shipper Agent that takes care of the pickup of my consignments for me and ship to my destination in Lutz Florida.



More so, you will be receiving an overdraft Cashier's Check from my Associate which will cover the money for the pickup of all my consignments that has already being in transit with my shipping agent and the sale cost, then they will also be coming for your own pick up. So as soon as you received the Check and pay the check into your account, then deduct the money that is meant for the sale of the item and then you effect the balance to the shipper Agent that handles the shipment this should be sent to the shipper by Money Gram Transfer/ Western Union.



Below details needed for issuing the Cashier's Check.



(1) Your Full Name

(2) Mailing address City,State,Zip Code, no p.o.box please

(3) Your direct telephone number both home and cell.?

{4} Acceptance of my offer

(5) Last price as prescribed on craigslist:



Once I have the details, the payment will be issued out on Monday by my Associate and tracking number will be given to you. Hope to read from you immediately you received this email.



I will also offer you an extra $20 for keeping the purchase for me till the shipper comes for the pick up and take the sale off the advert.



I will be looking forward to your swift response.



Best Regards,

John .Craigs list question? does this sound real. im not sure!!?
It's obviously from someone overseas as their grammar is really bad. I suggest you send him the following email:



GET F**KED!!



hope this helps ;-)
Sounds like a scam to me.Craigs list question? does this sound real. im not sure!!?
Its a common scam, stay away from it!!Craigs list question? does this sound real. im not sure!!?
google it
Didn't read all of your question, but I will say, if you have to ask, then you knw your answer. Craig's list is a notorious scam site. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
Well, John Terry sounds like such a unreal name that someone would just pick. The only John Terry I know plays for Chelsea but you never know, a lot of people on craigslist are just on there to mess with people so be careful.
Its a scam, avoid it like the plague.
Honestly, I love craigslist and I am on it a lot.. however this does sound VERY fishy.




its a scam
Sounds completely fake. Wait for a real buyer.



I think he is just using the same email to everyone - for example, he never actually refers to your price or item by name - I think he is phishing for your identity info. Stay away.
NO NO NO it is a fake check scam they will send you a bogus check you will forward the money and the check will get bounced as a fake after a couple days
sounds to me like tha dollhouse might be worth A LOT OF MONEY
no those are all scams TRUST ME !! My husband and I have post a ton on craigslist do not listen to it. DELETE It
I would tell him to kiss my a**
I can promise you this is a scam. Avoid all contact with this person from now on.
dont trust it. sell iteam closer to your area. sounds a little fishy to me.
scam.
It sounds REALLY sketchy
i wouldn't chance it. there's such a thing as paypal where u don't have to give any personal info like that away. what's he going to do with your home and cell phone number?!

take the next best legitimate offer!
Sounds pretty shady to me. I wouldn't proceed with this sale.
If it sounds to good to be true.......... it probably is. I think it's a fake. Sorry
If it sounds fishy it probably is... I would look for another buyer.



Sounds like this guy wants your info... especially the no po box thing...
what the hell is a guy so interested in a doll house for ??? dudes don't buy doll houses...sounds fishy to me
the poor grammar and grasp of the english language, along with the fact that he doesn't ever mention the dollhouse by name and keeps reffering to it as 'item' seems a bit strange. i wouldn't trust it.
it's a scam they all sound similar when you are dealing on craigslist if your selling always get cash in full never ship and if your buying inspect item make sure everything works and is to your liking other than that cl is a great tool
I would tell him to have his office contact you on your cell. dont give him other information.



But yeah, kinda sounds bad.
I do not understand why anyone would see this as a scam. This person is going to pay for the item to be shipped, a holders fee and the purchase amount. I would do it!
So as soon as you received the Check and pay the check into your account, then deduct the money that is meant for the sale of the item and then you effect the balance to the shipper.



---------



No, I don't believe it and the sentence above is why. Basically, he is saying he will send you more $ and to take what you need. It could be legit but it's risky doing business the way you are doing it so, good luck.



I wouldn't do it because if he is in Florida, he can get it cheaper. I would respond by making that point.
My emails from craigslist say to beware of cashier's checks, among other things. Just tell him you can't accept a cashier's check and will only accept ...whatever you are comfortable accepting (it would be paypal for me).



The shipping thing sounds funny too, so maybe you should tell him that you will offer the shipping service (UPS or whatever you had originally intended to use).
100% sure this is a scam. first thing to look at is the guy doesnt even have proper f***ing english saying "I will also like to keep you Inform". Just tell him you only accept money orders or cash. when he says no then send him another email saying you reported him to the FBI. Whats going to happen is he is going to send you a check that is either stolen or fake, it will bounce in your bank account and then your screwed.
seem like he wants to much info. why does he need your address if you are shipping? Tell him you want check made to cash

No comments:

Post a Comment