Friday, February 10, 2012

Is this a craigslist scam?

I responded to a craigslist post about driving someone around for 2 hours a day for a week. This was the response email that I got:



Hi There,

Thank you for responding to my ADS on craigslist.My name is ------ %26amp; interested in hiring your service for my wife who is coming to your city for the first time.I have informed my wife concerning the pick up from airport and other purpose which she might need you for when she get to your city.I believe you're fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself as a reliable and good person.Her arrival date is august 15th %26amp; i'll prefer you have your car ready %26amp; available for the task.I am offering you $600 for 6 days %26amp; $100 for gas.You will make yourself available to her schedule for 2 hours each day for 6 days.

Concerning the payment,my client will be sending you a money gram money order in the amount of $2550.. You're to deduct your pay %26amp; the remaining funds will be use by my wife for her travel expenses,accommodations and any other expenses.Kindly get back to me with the following details of yours if you're capable and ready for this task



*Your Full Name



*Your Home Address



*City



*State



*Zip Code



*Your Phone Number



Kindly get back to me as soon as you can so that the payment can be issue on your name and send to your address overnight.Thank you for your co-operation %26amp; kind gesture.I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible.

Regards.





It just seems very odd, and I doubt that I'll respond at all but just seeing what other people thought.Is this a craigslist scam?
YUP -- you should report that to craigslist.



They send you a phony moneygram, you deposit it, return the excess funds to them somehow -- and then the moneygram bounces and you are stuck with nothing.Is this a craigslist scam?
yes it is and dont respond to it because they can scam u out of money and u will never get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment