Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is there a ms excell 2003 guru out there? how can i format my spreadsheet to find duplicate home addreses?

Hello,



I have a spreadsheet with around 20,000 home addresses that I imported from an old MS Access spreadsheet.





The spreadsheet consists of 7 columns: (sorted by last name) example:



AP# Lname Fname Street Address City ST Zip code



Note: I was thinking about doing condition formatting, but I think it only works with numbers.



A few questions:



1.Is there a way to search for duplicates using condition formatting and have the duplicate color coded? This way it is easier to see them on the spread sheet. If Yes How?

2.What is the easiest way to locate the duplicates If condition formatting wont work with names?

3.No website Please

4.I understand that this could be done with access, but I no longer have it on my PC.

5.Thanks!Is there a ms excell 2003 guru out there? how can i format my spreadsheet to find duplicate home addreses?
Yeah, I know you said no website but there are too many graphics to show the steps sufficiently. So, hopefully you will go here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/鈥?/a>



It satisfies query 1.Is there a ms excell 2003 guru out there? how can i format my spreadsheet to find duplicate home addreses?
Please see my answer to your similarly worded other posted question. YA is rather inconsistant at displaying all the posted questions and may take multiple searches to find duplicate questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment