Friday, February 10, 2012

Driver job on craigslist is this a scam?

Dear Applicant ,



How are you doing and I hope everything is fine with you , Thanks for your response about the Driver job and I want you to know you are going to be driving my wife. I have contacted my wife concerning the pick up and for other purpose which she might need you for,which she told me is okay by her,I believe you could be fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself a reliable and responsible person.



I will provide a car. I am offering you $500 weekly and you will make yourself available 3 times a week to her schedule for 3 hours each day, which she will be coming by 23rd of June,that is why I have been making arrangement for her. She has a minor dislocation with her left Leg so she cant drive herself at the moment,that is why I am looking for a careful driver for her , you have to be very careful when taking care of her for me cause she means the world to me ..



PAYMENT..

Concerning the payment, I want you to know that my associate which we do business together in the USA will be sending you a cashier check because I live in Puerto Rico with my family and here is my address, 9b Villa Rosales Aibonito, Puerto Rico 00705 and PR checks will take longer time to cash that is why I am asking him to make the payment to you. The payment will be in the amount of your money for the first week and the money for her travel expenses,accommodations and any other expenses and you will deduct $500 which is your payment for the first week and have all the rest of the money sent to the travel agent via western union or money gram , any one that suites you. I am going to send the information of the travel agent and where you are to pick her up once the payment has been sent to you.



I will be needing your trust about payment because the payment will be mailed out by my associate and you will get it during the week, If you can do this and you are very honest , Please do email back with your full name and address you want the cashier check to be sent to and we can continue from there ...



Your Full name:

Address : ( no Po box) only street address

City :

State:

zip code :

Your phone number: (Cell and Home)



Acceptance of offer:I will appreciate your quick response if you are satisfied with the offer and I will be willing to instruct my associate in the states to go ahead and issue out the paycheck for the deposit of the first week to you as soon as possible , I want us to clear up all payments during next week cause she will be preparing to come and I want you to prepare as well ,also once you get the money you need to get across to the travel agent with there own part of the money immediately so they can be prepared as well and I will appreciate quick response from you.



Thanks

Ron Thomas



So i sent him my info because their is absolutely nothin this man could still from me i owe 3 different county jails money i owe citizens bank 800$ credit cards money etc so i figured i send him my info and this is the follow up mail i got

Sounds good,I will give you all the necessary details about her arrival as soon as I receive it from our traveling agent.I will send you the payment this week.Her name is Sandra.

I`ll Update You For Further Instruction.

Regards,



Ron Thomas





NB...You can work as long as you want since she will be staying till further notice



when i replied it said this accoutnn had been disable mailer deamon message



I am hoping i get some fake checks they will work and cash becaus ei need some money to you think he will really send me checks or money orders that will cash?Driver job on craigslist is this a scam?
I did not read it all.

But this is how the 50 year old nigerian scam works.

They send you a check.

You will deposit it.

They will request money from you - probably by wire.

The check they sent you will bounce.

You will never hear from them again.

/
It's a money laundering scam. The checks might clear initially but then they will definitely bounce within 3 weeks and you will be investigated for bank fraud and could go to prison like this girl found out falling for fake check scams

http://www.kirotv.com/money/16091642/det鈥?/a>

And read what Fraud Aid has to say http://www.fraudaid.com/check_liability.鈥?/a>

"BY LAW YOU ARE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE AND FULLY LIABLE for any and all checks or money orders deposited into your bank account by you or someone else, and for any funds wired into ANY of your accounts by you or someone else.



Your are 100% liable for any and all funds deposited into any of your accounts by any means whatsoever."Driver job on craigslist is this a scam?
How can you seriously think this is a real job offer. No employer offers you a salary and offers to pay you before you have been interviewed. If it were legitimate, he would set up interviews locally in your town. You should pretend to go along with it, just to nab him in person and have the cops there. You should contact the FBI and give them the Puerto Rican address. He says he will be there on June 23rd, so make an appointment. Ask him for his U.S representative's name and contact information. You wont hear from him unless you cash the money order. Your bank won't realize the money orders are fake until several weeks later. You should tell him you want a check drawn on an American bank if his representative is in the U.S , or a U.S. postal money order and see what happens. I know this is a fake job but I want to know what happens. Does he have your social security number?Driver job on craigslist is this a scam?
I agree with Judy.



You want some money. But if you present a dicey-looking check to your bank, one of two things will happen:



1) they will cash it, but when it bounces they will charge your account

2) they will cash it, but they will hold the equivalent amount in your account "until it clears"



Banks don't stay in business by cashing bad checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment