Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How can I check internet connection availability?

Is there an easy way to check what ISPs are available in my location?



The easiest way I've found so far is to go through a LONG list of ISPs, go to each one's individual website, and then enter in my phone number. The problem is, I don't have a traditional land-line phone - the numbers in it would dictate that I'm the next city over (same area code, but the next three digits are in the next city over rather than where I actually live).



So are there any ISPs that ONLY require a zip code to tell you whether or not you can get their services? Or is there a list of ISPs that work in certain zip codes (like a website where I can enter my zip code and then they give me a list)?



The closest thing I've found is TheList.com, which asks for your area code %26amp; then tells you ISPs, but just narrowing it down by area code doesn't help at all. :( Is this a lost cause without a traditional land-line phone?



I NEED to get away from my current ISP, they're AWFUL. Please help! :(How can I check internet connection availability?
try doing a scan on your mobile network. you can usually see what carriers are available in your area. once you get the name, call the cellphone company if they have hspda or a dsl service... usually they are connectedto (owned or own) a landline service. i'm sure they have an ISP.

No comments:

Post a Comment