Thursday, February 9, 2012

Question on a cover letter for a resume?

XXXXX XXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

October 24, 2007

[Recipient Name]

[Title]

[Company Name]

[Street Address]

[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

We spoke last night, October 23, and had discussed me coming by and filling out an application today. Attached also is my resume.

I believe that I would be a very valuable asset to you. I have been in the work force for many more years than my peers and have obtained many skills. Due to my past in Martial Arts, Boy Scouts and my various jobs I have developed the ability to work very well with others and to be able to solve problems quickly and affectively. Also I believe that because of my history of computers and other technical equipment I am frequently called upon to solve all the IT issues that arise.

If hired I will be a very dedicated part of your team and will reflect very well on your company.

I look forward to hearing from you so that we can schedule an interview.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX XXXXX

Does that sound ok?Question on a cover letter for a resume?
Hello sliman:



This is a good rough draft. Here are some thoughts to polish it up a bit. A cover letter should highlight the specific points that are of benefit to the employer. It should be short, and specific. Bullet points of your skills.



Start by thanking them for their time:



Dear ...

Thank you for speaking with me last evening about stopping by and completing an application for your company.



As the attached copy of my resume will show, I have been in the workforce since 200X, and have obtained many skills that are suited to (task applying for):

* Punctuality

* Money handling

* Teamwork

* Self discipline

* Able to follow-through on tasks

* Easily trainable, and quick to master skills

* Independent problem-solving

* Computer literate



I would like to schedule an interview to see how I can become a productive member of your company.



Respectfully,





Be sure your resume reflects the qualities you've illustrated on your cover letter.



Best of Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment