Friday, January 27, 2012

Will my letter arrive to it's destination if my address was spelled wrong by one letter?

I mispelled Bartrum Trail as Batrum Trail (forgot the 1st "r"). Zip Code, City, and State were all included, so it should be fine right?



Or will they send it back?Will my letter arrive to it's destination if my address was spelled wrong by one letter?
It ll reach u if u r zip code and house/flat no. are correct.. Thats what they need to deliver a post
Most probably it will arrive just fine since they use the state, then the city, then the zip to narrow it down and usually within a zipcode there aren't multiple streets spelled too similarly. However, it does depend on your postal delivery person. Mine can't seem to even get the mail in the correct mailboxes or delivered to the correct street even though it's plainly written on the envelope.Will my letter arrive to it's destination if my address was spelled wrong by one letter?
Depends.



I have seen mail HORRIBLY mis-addressed get delivered, and then, sometimes misspelled by ONE letter get returned to sender as "address unknown." It really is up to the post office employee how "generous" they are with their time and efforts in directing the mails to their proper places.





Have a polite day.Will my letter arrive to it's destination if my address was spelled wrong by one letter?
zip code should clear up any confusion in case there is a Batrum Trail but i bet theres not and i bet the carrier has seen every possible misspelling of every street on his/her route by now.
It will get there fine as long as the zip code is right.
Yes the zip code is what they look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment