Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is there a computer program that you can add sales figures to zip codes and get a map of activity by zip code?

I'm trying to take my Reps sales, per zip code, and have it come out in map form, city, state, country so I can get a visual snap shot of what each rep is doing. Something where I can import an Excel spreadsheet, come up with a map and have it color coded (or something like that) where I can see where they're selling and where they're not. I would even be okay with importing the addresses and seeing little dots or points on the map. Anything that can give me information at a glance. Thank You in advance for your help!Is there a computer program that you can add sales figures to zip codes and get a map of activity by zip code?
I don't know of anything that uses a map exactly. But you can represent data visually otherwise. You could define a histogram for each ZIP code value, that totals each rep in that area and make a graph off that. You could even group ZIP codes together and specify a histogram on each region.



On a location-based representation (map), it's not always clear which is the clear highest performer and which area needs the most attention. This is because the human eye doesn't interpret color in the same way computers look at numbers.



If it were me, I would group the ZIP codes, compute totals, sort the list by total, and create a graph based on these totals. That way it's clear, based on the graph, which region is performing the best, and by how much.



I'm sorry, this is a "we don't know, try something else" post. I hope maybe someone else can find something that's more like what you want, if this won't work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment