Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tutorial for designing a search by zip code for a website?

I am looking for a tutorial on how to design a custom business search by city/state or zip code. I have a database of the businesses I want included in the search, just looking for hwo to design the search? I am looking for how to build something like this http://rxcut.trihopegroup.net/en/PharmacySearch.html but I want to customize it for my business.



Thank youfor any help you can provide!Tutorial for designing a search by zip code for a website?
You sound like you understand database, but I`m not sure what level of programming experience you`d have or what your knowledge domain would be; the entire internet or just businesses in your database. The parts you would need for a database search; SQL, HTML (preferrably ASP.Net), C# or VB. w3schools.com would be an option. I just want to caution you, though, of thinking only in terms of tasks the computer needs to do %26amp; programming that way. Read tutorials on object oriented programming so you account for all needed parts in your design. It saves a lot of redoing later. Think about programming more like rewiring a house, not just painting the walls. There`s a lot underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment