Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm so confused Wisconsin folks please help?

I'm moving up there soon and I'm planning to move to Milwaukee but where I live we only have one zip code how come milwaukee has so many for example



http://zipcodes.addresses.com/zip_codes_鈥?/a>



If I move to Milwaukeee which would be my zip code???I'm so confused Wisconsin folks please help?
Go to the USPS web site, type in your address and it will tell you the zip. All cities above about 20K population have multiple zips.



I live in the Chicago area so get this: The Sears Tower has it's own zip code. O'Hare airport not only has it's own zip code but it has it's own full sized Post Office.



Welcome to the big city!I'm so confused Wisconsin folks please help?
lol milwaukee is a big city it is divided up into many smaller areas with their own zip codes. the areas arent necessarily named or anything, its like that for most cities. your zip will depend on the area where you will live.



what you can do is look up a zip code map or go to google and put in your new address (as much info as you can) except for your zip and see what zips come up for that area. mapquest.com and put in your address...you should get a zip that way too



you must live in a very small town if it only has one zip. imagine a big city with only one zip, and how difficult it would be for the postal service to locate each address. by dividing a city into smaller areas they can immediately locate a specific zone according to zip and then find an address in that particular areaI'm so confused Wisconsin folks please help?
I suppose it depends on which part you are living in, its obviously a large area so they have had to distinguish it by having separate zip codes so they know which area to deliver the mail etc.,

No comments:

Post a Comment